Independent working chef
We know how rare proper cooks are, but still we are going to try and convince you that we have the best job for you! With even better extras! Curious yet? Here it goes!
Still reading? Nice! We’d like to tell you more about whom we are looking for exactly.
Of course all of the clichés didn’t come falling from the sky! Just like any hotel we are looking for someone with a hospitality heart, a die-hard hospitality-tiger. We also want that one perfect hardworking team player with a great passion for cooking. But translated into our own words we primarily look for the following:
We are searching for a fun kitchen king (or queen) that enjoys cooking good meals for guests and colleagues. Someone that gets joy from satisfied guests and sees dissatisfied guests as a challenge. Someone able to work hard while maintaining a pleasant working atmosphere. And also someone that is nice to the waiter and bar colleagues. In short: a fun, good cook!
Besides this we value it when you possess a level-4 vocational college degree for “Independently working cook”. Having work experience in a similar field of employment and knowledge of the English language are pluses!
Once you enter the work area you’ll be noticing the fun chaos already. You greet your colleagues in the kitchen and you wave to the busy barkeepers and waiting staff. You discuss with your chef what needs to be done still for the preparation. Are there any particulars and will we have big groups? The tasks are divided. Together with your colleagues you make sure the lunch dishes are sent to the restaurant rapidly while you make sure the preparations for the busy evening are ready. In the meantime you joke around with the dishwasher, you compliment a colleague on a nice dish, and you ask the waitress whether all guests are satisfied. Your shift flies by. After your shift you take a cold drink while overlooking the sea. Being a cook on an island isn’t so bad!
Where are you going to do this?
You will be doing this in WestCord Hotel Seeduyn, located at the Vlielander beach. Vlieland is a touristic island with large white beaches, a cozy village with accompanied bars. During the summer people call the island “Vliebiza”, whereas during the winter it is mainly a place to enjoy the friendliness which such a small society has to offer. Moreover, Vlieland offers an astonishing nature environment
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- Hospitable, open, and spontaneous: these are your qualities!
- The hospitality industry is familiar ground to you: you have working experience in a similar function or you wish to develop yourself in this industry.
- You have a flexible attitude and no “9-to-5” mentality.
- You make every day into a new adventure together with your colleagues!
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth possibilities: Working at a growing hotel chain, where you can constantly develop yourself.
- Reliability: Salary is always on time according to the standards of the Collective labour agreement. Next to that, you build up holiday hours and holiday pay.
- Internal board and lodging!
- 30/30 Member: Next to the salary, WestCord Hotels offers more enjoyable things for all the members: €30,- per overnight stay at all the WestCord Hotels // 30% discount at WestCord products // travel allowance // internal trainings from our own Hospitality trainer // bonus when you put forward a new colleague // every year a big staff party at a nice location.
- Referral bonus: €250,- net bonus when you put forward a new colleague!
- Daily joint lunch and dinner, good coffee and a lot of fruit. A good time to catch up with your colleagues.
- Good arrangements for survivor’s- and retirement pension.
- Do you have the WestCord DNA?! Our goal is to make you feel ‘part of the family’!
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 16 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that. Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for.
Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible. Or apply via Whatsapp 0611746425 (then please specify the position you are applying for).