Independent working chef/cook
Location: ss Rotterdam
Will you help our guests enjoy our specials such as Côte de Boeuf, grilled "MRIJ beef burger", a whole sea bass from the charcoal oven or a grilled salmon steak? We are looking for a Self-Employed Chef.
Every day I serve breakfast, lunch and dinner for our guests in the Lido Grill restaurant. My name is Sjoerd and I am one of the independent cooks on board. In this position I am responsible for:
- Layout and preparation of dishes;
- Monitoring and controlling the quality, taste, color, etc. of the ingredients;
- In addition, we always take care with the team to comply with HACCP and Health & Safety in the workplace.
As an independent cook I can let my creativity run free. Of course there are a number of fixed instructions where I pay attention to the ingredients, working methods and external presentation. The great thing about the team is that we all work well together and are open to feedback.
Who are you?
We are happy to help you but it would be nice if you have 3 to 4 years’ experience in a similar restaurant. I myself have completed an MBO level 4 education and therefore have a diploma in cooking. Level 3 is also sufficient. In the kitchen, it is high pressure during peak moments, but you see this as a challenge.
What do we offer you?
- A full-time job with 25 vacation days per year and 8% vacation money;
- Travel allowance and free parking;
- ANW gap insurance & pension;
- €30,-per night in a Westcord Hotel and 30% discount in all F&B outlets;
- Internal training from our own Hospitality Trainster;
- Bring-on bonus: A net bonus of €250 when you find us a new staff member!