Meetings & Events Associate
Location: ss Rotterdam
With 12 beautiful event rooms and 29 meeting rooms there is always an event or party on board! Are you the pacesetter at every party?
My name is Remco and have been working for 3 years as an Events Assistant in the Meetings & Events department. Together with my colleagues and the Party Manager I make sure that all parties run smoothly. Together with the other Event Workers I am responsible for:
- The preparation; i.e. is the (drinks)buffet complete and ready);
- The execution; serving food and drinks and clearing tables;
- And dismantling; finishing up, leaving the rooms tidy after a party.
Sometimes it's a race against the clock to get the room ready for the next party. It gives me a great feeling of satisfaction every time my colleagues and I have managed to pull it off.
You can imagine, with at least 1200 events a year, we have a lot of guests on board who we all want to give the perfect experience. Therefore, it's important that you don't mind working hard and giving it your all. Fortunately, there is a party manager at every party who can oversee everything and who is also open to your own input. Are you the cheerful addition we are looking for?
Who are you?
We are happy to help, but some experience and independence is nice. I work 3 to 4 shifts a week, which I can reasonably organize myself. 2 shifts is a minimum, 1 during the week and 1 during the weekend. It may be that parties continue into the middle of the night. It is convenient if you have your own transport and do not depend on public transport or your colleagues.
What do we offer you?
- Salary including vacation hours and annual 8% vacation pay;
- Flexible working hours and days;
- €30,-per night in a WestCord hotel and 30% discount on food, drinks and more;
- Internal training from our own Hospitality trainer;
- Bring on bonus: a net bonus of € 250,- when you find us a new staff member!