Are you a passionate chef with a love for refined creations? Do you work with enthusiasm and are you open to a new challenge as a sous chef? If so, we would like to get to know you.
As a sous chef at the WestCord Fashion Hotel, you will play a crucial role in the success of our kitchen. We are looking for a sous chef who wants to grow with the company, someone who, together with the team, ensures that everything runs smoothly. With your expertise, you are an asset to the team and the hotel. We offer you opportunities to learn and grow within our hotel and the chain. Alongside our head chef, you will ensure that our kitchen brigade operates at its best.
As a sous chef, you will be responsible in the absence of the head chef. You will oversee operations and provide guidance when necessary. Together with the kitchen team, you will develop new menus and stay up-to-date with current food trends. Do you have the ability to be flexible in a dynamic kitchen environment and the skill to lead your team with finesse? Do you prioritize enjoyment and a positive attitude both towards guests and colleagues? If you believe you are the perfect addition to our team and are eager to take on the challenge of growing with us, we invite you to apply.
The F&B department of WestCord Fashion Hotels consists of various sections: the breakfast buffet, Brasserie Mme Coco, the Skyybar, and the banqueting halls. Thanks to the kitchen team, our guests can start their day off right with breakfast, enjoy a delightful lunch, or easily join us for a great dinner. Brasserie Mme Coco offers an elegant and hospitable dining concept for both hotel guests and external patrons. Finally, they wrap up the evening with a delightful cocktail and a bite to eat at the Skyybar. It's wonderful to see so many different styles and services under one roof. Service, quality, and teamwork are the common thread across these outlets. Together with the team, we strive to provide the best service to our guests.
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- You take responsibility;
- You always assist your colleagues when needed;
- You leave your workspace and kitchen equipment neat for your colleagues;
- YDaily communal lunch and dinner, great coffee, and plenty of fruit: A good opportunity to catch up with your colleagues.ou follow the HACCP procedure;
- Proficient in working independently but also enjoys working in an enthusiastic team;
- Familiar with the hospitality industry: you have work experience in a similar role;
- A full-time position over four days is negotiable.
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: You'll work within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop and advance. WestCord is committed to sustainable employability.
- Training: If you're not entirely comfortable with the role you want to perform or if you're far from done learning, our Hospitality trainers are eager to teach you the ins and outs of the trade. This way, you'll be confident on the job, and guests can enjoy their peace and your expertise.
- Salary: We believe in providing a fitting reward for everyone's effort.
- Balance: We strive to keep private and work life as separate as possible. We use our own communication platform, ensuring you're always up to date with developments in your team and organization. Additionally, you can continue to develop yourself through available e-learning opportunities.
- Good provisions for survivor and additional retirement pensions.
- Daily communal lunch and dinner, great coffee, and plenty of fruit: A good opportunity to catch up with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you feel like 'part of the family'! That's why we offer you even more cool perks as a member, such as €30,- per night at our hotels, and a 30% discount on WestCord products like Wellness and F&B.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: Every month, a fun surprise just for you? At WestCord, all colleagues enjoy special Surprise Our OneTeam days. This makes a workday not just enjoyable but also surprising, just like it is for our guests.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 16 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that! Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for.
Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible. Or apply via Whatsapp 0611746425 (then please specify the position you are applying for).