Waiter or waitress
Full- or part-time job as hotel employee on a unique location at Vlieland, including room and board!
Have you always dreamt of working in the hospitality industry? Have you got what it takes to keep surprising guests and transfer your endless enthusiasm on others? Or do you have great attention to detail and will you tend to an amazing carefree stay for our guests? Or maybe cooking is your passion?
Anything is possible in the hospitality industry! At WestCord Hotels, we value enthusiasm and motivation mostly in candidates and they must be willing work hard, have fun, and work on an island. We are looking for extra reinforcement servers, kitchen employees, dishwashers, and housekeepers. Working on the Wadden islands shall be an amazing experience on a very unique location. You’ll be able to earn money and enjoy an amazing summer simultaneously!
Working on the Wadden Islands (Frisian Islands)
We have five hotels and one beach club on the Wadden Islands. Our family business once started at Hotel de Wadden in the Dorpsstraat on Vlieland. Moreover, Beach hotel Seeduyn is located right at the beach and you’ll find the only beach club on Vlieland there as well: The Badhuys.Vlieland, Terschelling, and Ameland are popular tourist destinations with large white beaches and cozy villages. During summer tourists and workers make these islands very lively, whereas winters provide calmness allowing you to get to know your colleagues and enjoy the coziness of small communities where everyone knows each other. And, not to mention the islands have amazing natural environments.
But… working for WestCord doesn’t only mean running and sweating for your work. Because, besides working hard, we also need someone who likes swimming in the sea, someone who likes meeting new people, who likes to spend off hours sunbathing or surfing on the beach, and someone who likes to end his shifts with having a few drinks with his or her colleagues or a bonfire on the beach! Because besides colleagues, we’re also a close-knit family at WestCord.
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- You ARE hospitality!
- You’re okay with working flexible shifts. For us, the work starts once everyone else is free.
- You’re a real team player, also you’re decisive and hands-on. Besides this you like to motivate and stimulate your colleagues.
- You’re good at setting priorities and keeping yourself and your work organized.
- You’re passionate about working in hotels or restaurants.
We offer you a good hourly wage.
- From 16/17 years €10,65*
- From 18 years €12,43*
- From 19/20 years €13,61*
- From 21 years €13,91*
*Including vacation pay and vacation days, excluding tips.
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
- Lodging: Possibilities for housing. (on the Wadden islands)
- Internship allowance: A suitable compensation for your efforts is something we value highly. Therefore, our interns receive €20,00 per worked day.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 16 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that. Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for.
Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible.